Volunteering with Friends of English Theatre is fun and rewarding. Our Volunteer Coordinator circulates notices in advance about the opportunities that arise.
In the past, volunteer activities have included:
• promoting the current theatre season
• ushering for outreach events such as Point of View Saturdays
• greeting teachers for Teachers' Night
• giving assistance to seniors who attend sponsored performances
• assisting the lighting designer as a ‘light walker’ on the set during technical cuing sessions
• helping with fundraising events
• baking for various gatherings
• assisting in the prop shop.
HOW DO MEMBERS FIND OUT ABOUT VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES?
As a member of FET you will receive notices from our Volunteer Co-ordinator, Vera Kadar. The opportunity is offered for you to participate if you wish, but members are not obliged in any way. Volunteers can take on as much or as little as fits their interests and their schedules. But one thing’s for sure – volunteering with FET is fun, exciting and sometimes has unexpectedly enriching results.